Sun, March 10th: Cook for the Ronald McDonald House - BYOC (Bring Your Own Chicken!)

Dear One Brick Volunteers: We are a small nonprofit that helps hundreds of community organizations each year. We run on a shoestring budget, but we have expenses like insurance, this website, and training materials. We also employ one person who makes sure the train stays on its track. We don't get any foundation or government grants. 30% of the budget is raised during the Annual Campaign going on right now. This year we need to raise $30,000 to keep One Brick afloat. Last year hundreds of volunteers donated $10 or $20 and it made a huge difference.

If you found One Brick useful this year, and you feel we are
making a difference, please consider making a donation.

Thank You
OneBrick Logo


Food Tasting Prep at Urban Nutrition Initiative
Sat, Nov 28 10:00am
Agatston Urban Nutrition Initiative (AUNI)

Happy Hour Bowling
Thu, Dec 3 5:00pm
North Bowl

Holly Nights
Fri, Dec 4 5:30pm
Pennsbury Manor

Help the Toy Shop!
Sat, Dec 5 10:00am
Turning Points for Children

Special Olympics Bowling Competition
Sun, Dec 6 8:30am
Facenda Whitaker Lanes
East Norriton

Habitat for Humanity ReStore 2.0!
Sat, Dec 12 9:00am
Habitat for Humanity ReStore 2.0 (S.Philly)

Volunteer Velada
Tue, Dec 15 7:00pm
William Way Center

Books Through Bars
Sat, Dec 19 11:00am
Books Through Bars

Habitat for Humanity ReStore 2.0!
Sat, Jan 9 9:00am
Habitat for Humanity ReStore 2.0 (S.Philly)

Floral MLK Service Project!
Mon, Jan 18 10:30am
Wesley Enhanced Living Main Line

Event Name:
Cook for the Ronald McDonald House - BYOC (Bring Your Own Chicken!)
Location: Ronald McDonald House Front and Erie
Address: 100 E. Erie Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19134 (map)
Date: Sun, March 10th    3:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Manager: Melissa G (email) Coordinator: Tiffany S


Event Description


The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope. Our programs include two Ronald McDonald Houses, two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, and Ronald McDonald Camp.

One of the many services that the PRMH provides for the families is the Meal Program.  The evening meal is a welcomed relief for families as they return from a long and often exhausting day at the hospital. The dinner not only provides the families with a nutritious meal that might otherwise be skipped, but it also creates an opportunity for families to interact with one another, share their stories, and learn from people who are in similar situations.

Families greatly appreciate the time you spend to make their day a little easier. Thank you again for your interest, and for offering to take time out of your schedule to help our families.


What we'll be doing

We will be preparing a meal for 35 to 40 people. We will be cooking the meal there, starting at 3PM. Our menu consists of ... a dinner salad, whole, carved chickens, roasted potatoes, steamed carrots, and a dessert. We have a fully stocked preparation area with four stoves and ovens and plenty of pots and pans available.  After the meal, we will clean up and get together closeby for our own meal!

What you should know

The Ronald McDonald house asks the groups to provide the dinners and we are asking every volunteer to bring a whole, roaster (not roasted!) chicken. We will be cooking the chickens at the Ronald McDonald House. Ask Melissa if you have any questions


Organization: Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House

The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House supports families of seriously ill children by creating a community of comfort and hope. We operate two Houses in Philadelphia serving a total of 63 families each night. The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House also runs the Ronald McDonald Camp in the Poconos for oncology patients and their siblings. In addition, we offer two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms in the Oncology and Cardiac Centers at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia to provide a respite space away from the bedside. Founded in 1974 as the very first Ronald McDonald House in the world, we are the model for close to 300 Houses throughout the globe. Over 90% of our funding comes from individuals and corporate donors, and the remaining 10% is provided by Ronald McDonald House Charities. While it costs the Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House over $75 a night per family to provide housing and supportive services, families are only asked to contribute $15 per night. No one is ever turned away due to inability to pay.
  Print This Page